Lots of exciting programs and activities this month.
Downsview Baptist Church can be traced back to the early 1930s. A group of believers on Downsview Avenue, concerned for their quickly growing neighbourhood, began to meet in a cleaned-up chicken coop under the name of Grandview Baptist Church. Soon the growing congregation moved to a small building on the lot just west of the present building. Faithful men and women from Fairbank and Oakwood Baptist Churches supported this new work, helping with the well-attended Sunday School and weekly children's meetings. In 1953 the current property was purchased and a building erected by the members of the church.
At this time the name was changed to Downsview Baptist Church and, with its 29 charter members, was recognized and received into the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.